Television stands are not merely furnishings to house your TV set. They contribute to the overall design theme of your living room. Aside from the sofa set, this furniture piece is also a principal focus in the living room, entertainment room, and family room. Modern furniture designers created varied styles and designs of TV stands that cater to your needs.
Wood, laminate, glass, lacquer are some of the materials used in building TV stands. With modern and contemporary TV stands, you can keep your audiovisual system organized and readily available and can set the perfect design theme in your living space. The following guidelines will help you find the appropriate TV stand to suit your needs and taste.
Buying a Modern or Contemporary TV Stand
- Get the TV Screen Size
Get the size of your TV screen to get the ideal fit prior to shopping for modern and contemporary TV stands. Measure the screen from one corner to another diagonally. Remember, measure the screen only!
- Decide your Storage Needs
Decide how many shelves you need for your AV system components. Both modern and contemporary TV stands may feature single or multiple shelving. Some may even feature drawers. You can choose to have open or closed shelves. Closed shelves may have wood, lacquer or glass doors. Think of other items that you would want to put in the TV stand.
- The Style
Wood TV stands may feature Walnut or lacquer finishing. Modern furniture builders use tempered glass so buying TV stands made of a mixture of glass and wood should not worry you. Tempered glass is sturdier than ordinary glass. Others may have distressed finishes that blend beautifully in a home with industrial interiors. Pick simple, boxy designs if you have a minimalist interior or a Scandinavian theme. Mid-century modern TV stands feature angular, tapered or straight legs.
- Special Features
Solid Wood. Choose a TV stand made of solid wood. Solid wood is tougher and highly resilient. Don’t go for particle boards, MDF, or engineered. Although these are stronger, they tend to crack when the humidity in the room is not right.
Veneer. Made of thin pieces of peculiar woods, veneers are fastened on top of other materials. This gives the furniture an expensive wood look yet is very affordable.
- Adjustable Shelves. This lets you move the shelves up or down depending on your needs (the height of your gadgets, DVDs, or books).
- Cable Management. This feature keeps your cables and wires organized so they are not scattered everywhere or get entangled with each other. This keeps your media center in order and neat.
- Ventilated Rear. These refer to the holes at the back of the TV stand, allowing your electronics and gadgets to breathe.
- IR Friendly Glass Doors. IR friendly glass doors permit the control waves of your remote to pass through it even when closed.
- Swift Mounts or Lift Systems. This lets you adjust your TV screen’s position for best viewing.
- Built-in Lights. The built-in lights provide accent lighting for your living space. It also highlights the decorative objects on your stand’s shelves.
- Foot Supports. Some TV stands feature rubber stoppersattached to the legs so it will sit flat on the floor even if your floor is uneven. This also prevents your floor from getting scratches if you move the stand. You can also find TV stands with wheels allowing you to clean the floors easily and access the wall.
Whether you choose a TV stand with a lift system, hutch, or built-in lights, modern furniture Los Angeles has modern and contemporary TV stands that you will surely love. Pick your choice by material, color, screen size, design, special features, and more.