As mentioned in my previous post, it is essential to observe a regular cleaning schedule to take care of your upholstered modern furniture. The best way to take care of upholstered furniture starts with the conviction of wanting them to look new, fresh and stay longer. Here are a few tips to take care of your upholstered modern furniture.
- Vacuum cushions on a weekly basis, including beneath and sides of the cushions.
- Rotate the cushions and fluff them once or twice a week to reduce wear and to keep them even and balanced.
- Do not place upholstered furniture under direct sunlight to prevent fading. If you need to place a modern sofa near the window, use curtains or blinds to protect the furniture caused by exposure to the UV rays of the sun.
- Avoid exposing upholstered furniture near extreme cold or heat. The heat will make the upholstery become brittle that can lead to early deterioration. Use slipcovers if you want upholstered modern patio furniture.
- Read the cleaning instructions on the manufacturer’s manual or tag. The tag code can be found under the sofa or at the lower section of the back. The tag or the manual contains the cleaning methods per manufacturer’s recommendation.
The Tag Codes
‘W’ Code – If the tag code is ‘W,’ the upholstered modern sofa needs light dusting and vacuuming. To remove spots or marks, use a water-based cleaner, such as a non-solvent upholstery shampoo or a mild detergent mixed with water. Test the mixture first by applying it on an inconspicuous area using a soft brush and create circular motions, before using it on the affected area.